Naples Greenola

We are an organic Co-Op located in Naples, Florida. Feeding families organically since 2009.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Macaroni and Cheese...IN THE CROCK POT!!!


Once again I am experimenting with my crock pot... I don't know maybe it is the cooler weather that just makes me want to utilize this totally under utilized tool in my kitchen!

Macaroni and Cheese

The Ingredients:
cooking spray
1 large egg, whisked
4 cups milk (2 percent or lower in fat content)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dry mustard
4 cups shredded cheese (I used a combination of cheddar, mozzarella, and left over block sharp cheddar)
1/2 pound uncooked macaroni or hearty pasta

The Directions:
Use a 4 quart slow cooker. This is one of those dishes you need to keep an eye on. It will cook quickly, and you will need to stir every so often. Spray the crock well with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg and milk together. Stir in the seasonings. Add the cheese and noodles, and stir well to combine. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. It will be very liquidy. Cover and cook on low for 2 to 5 hours, or on high for 1 to 3, stirring every 30 to 45 minutes. Don't wander too far away.

I got this recipe from "Make it fast, Cook it slow" page 158

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home