Naples Greenola

We are an organic Co-Op located in Naples, Florida. Feeding families organically since 2009.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Re-Purposing..

I was trying to find a new kitchen compost bin. I have this very large aluminum bowl I have been using so far, but everyone could see the compost in it and there were starting to be gnats in it...so I was on the search. I looked on Amazon, Google, everywhere I could think and all of them were $30 plus.. the only ones I could find that were cheaper were 19.99 and had bad review for a handle. So I was on the search....

I found this cookie jar at Target for $9.99 I just made a little label for it and it works perfectly.. and it is pretty cute!
.
I had this old Mason jar with no lid and wanted to use it for something.....I decided on a
cotton ball holder, I think my grandma did this... little reminders of her around the house are always nice, except the mess behind it that is all me:)

Before...............just lonely crates that were filled with green beans and radishes


now I have my green onions planted in it. I was just about to send Todd to Home Depot to buy a square box for the green onions and it dawned on me I have 3 of these crates sitting in front of the house that I tried to freecycle. Well, I was able to get rid of 2 and here is my third.... we will see if my green onions continue to grow in here.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home