Naples Greenola

We are an organic Co-Op located in Naples, Florida. Feeding families organically since 2009.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Best Pork Roast Marinade recipe I have found yet!!

We recently visited our local butcher and picked up a 1/4 hog... so needless to say I have been getting pretty creative with the pork around here. I made this dish in my crock pot with a 4 pound roast.

Ingredients

  • 1 (4 pound) pork roast
  • 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
  • 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
  • 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1 clove garlic, minced

Directions

  1. Prepare grill for indirect heat.
  2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the Worcestershire sauce, honey, vinegar, mustard seed, mustard powder, lemon pepper, celery salt, and garlic; seal, and mix ingredients. Place the roast in the plastic bag, press air out of bag, and seal. Marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator, turning the roast occasionally to help coat while marinating.
  3. Lightly oil grill grate. Place roast on grill, and discard marinade. Cover, and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until internal temperature is 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). 
 I put everything in the crock pot and cooked on low for about 6 hours. I put the potatoes in during the last hour. I steamed the corn and broccoli. I probably should have put some turnips I had in the refrigerator with this dish, but I forgot :(
Regardless this was very tasty!! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home